Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Passion of the McChrist



When I was 9 Mel Gibson was solving all the worlds problems on a little box in my living room, McDonald's was a meeting place for my cub scout meetings, and Ronald McDonald healed large groups of small, sick children. We stuffed our faces with junk food while unwittingly being indoctrinated with neo-conservative christian rhetoric. Between commercials and cub scout meetings Ronald had as much airtime in my developing brain as Jesus did while at church on Sundays. During some pretty important developmental years of my youth I had put Mel Gibson, Ronald McDonald, and Jesus Christ all in the same catagory. What the hell did I know? Jesus walked on water but Ronald could make millions of delicious chicken nuggets the same shape everytime. Not to mention heal the worlds children with leftover pocket change from the dollar menu. Now only if Jesus delivered junk food at the gates of heaven...... Thanks to Mel Gibson for part of the stupid title.

Medium - Pastel on Paper
Dimension- 20"X25"
Price - 600$

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, wow. I guess it does say a lot about the state of our modern society and all. Thanks, you have a good perception.