Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Country Tis of Thee, Sweet Land of Cable TV...



Sure, I know it's a bit dramatic. This one, The Passion of the McChrist, and the other one of the TV/crucifix called Oh, the Gruesome Destiny... were all a short series I did to illustrate being discontent with the typical American lifestyle. Sometimes you gotta get in people's faces to get your point across. Then in a bit of irony they got a lot of good public feedback in Marquette, MI (a place ripe with ultra right wingers). They were hung in the Marquette Public Library, Northern Michigan Student Art Gallery, and in the Dead River coffee house for a solo show. Oh, and the other companion piece called The 9 to 5 Blues won an award for a local radio show art contest. All in all it was a pretty impressive response for 4 pastels meant to piss a lot of people off. Jokes on me I guess.

Medium - Pastel on Paper
Dimensions - 30"X25"
Price - 500$

2 comments:

Sai said...

Great work. I like your art work.

Sai said...

Great work. I like your art work.