Monday, September 29, 2008


Wherever I live, I like to save space for spontaneous drawing. I’ll designate walls, pillars, cupboards or wooden planks. There is no specific idea in mind at first. I like to take the energy of whatever is happening at that particular moment and turn it into something that somewhat resembles a feeling I am having. A lot of the times it is boredom and pent up aggression that decides what my house looks like. This was cabin fever at its worst. A small cabin at 4000 feet elevation, 4 feet of snow, 1 hour of daylight, 6 or 7 pints of beer, and this is what came out. It’s also the product of an unquenchable Bukowski habit.

2 comments:

Justin Wolfson said...

Howdy,
I think your drawings are good enough to where surrounding them with other's quotes detracts from the gravitas and poignancy they'd otherwise exhibit by themselves. However, I do feel that this is case specific. To me, the quotes compliment your style in 'A Need For Glue' and 'Broken II'. But they detract from 'Oh, The Gruesome Destiny' and 'The 9 to 5 Blues.'
In my opinion, I would use other people's words less. You don't need to have Bukowski drive your points home, you're making them on your own.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, not always.

“There will always be something to ruin our lives, it all depends on what or which finds us first. We are always ripe and ready to be taken.”-CB