Saturday, May 26, 2007

Storm Clearing Over Mount Clark


This is a depiction of the "alpine glow" from the ridge at May Lake where I spent last summer. By definition, the Alpine Glow is a rosey light that gets cast over the mountains as a result of light waves being bent and scattered as they travel long distances through earths dirty, particulate-filled atmosphere. I was working as a camp helper and had plenty of opportunities to sketch Mount Clark from this particular perspective in preperation for an illustration I would later complete in my studio. Every evening while we were finishing up dinner the entire crew and most of the guests would rush up to the top of the ridge to watch for that special 10 to 15 minutes where the entire atmosphere turns to neon colors. Five plein aire drawings and 40 digital images later I had what I would need to create this drawing.

Medium - Pastel on Paper
Demensions - 19X25
Price - 500.00

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.