Sunday, May 27, 2007

Colin Lives


"Colin Lives" is a drawing dedicated to my friend Colin who survived a 120 foot fall and two months in a coma. He is the guy with his back turned towards you. The image is based on a photo I took on one of our first of many adventures together. We were urban backpacking through the Bay area where we saw Tortoise play at the Filmore, slept in a backyard in Oakland, ate day old burritos, and layed on the beach with nothing to do or think about. We were basically enjoying how it felt to be young, poor, and full of ideals.

Medium - Pastel on Paper
Demensions - 18X20
Price - NFS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Umm, yeah. That's me. The day was amazing, front flips into sand, ocean air and the sun. I'm still alive too. I look at the picture and it reminds me that I am still alive, that the life I've led has brought me so much hope and joy. Travis's art is not just fine, it's spectacular, stupendous, awe inspiring and jaw droppingly good.